Hello Everyone! Happy 4th of July!! I hope that everyone is still hanging in there and doing well.
As you may have already heard or seen, we are adding one more Mass on Sunday mornings, starting this Sunday, July 5th. So our outdoor Mass schedule is Saturday at 6PM, Sunday at 8AM and 9:15AM
Attendance is still limited to 100 people per Mass; those who attend MUST wear a mask the whole time, maintain a distance of 6 feet from others, and bring their own chairs.
You must register to attend these Masses. Here’s the link to sign up: https://www.eventbrite.com/o/christ-the-king-parish-30417877024
Please DO NOT attend the outdoor Mass if you are ill or vulnerable (or live with someone who is ill or vulnerable). Small children should not attend. Attendance is at your own risk. The general dispensation from attending Sunday Mass remains in effect.
We are continuing to livestream Mass on weekdays, a Holy Hour (Exposition, Adoration, and Benediction) on Fridays, and Weekend Masses in English and Spanish on Saturday evening.
Weekday Mass: Monday through Friday at 8:00 a.m.
Holy Hour: Friday only at 6:30 p.m.
Confessions! Saturday afternoon at 3:30PM to 5PM in the School Cafeteria!
1. Please park in one of 10 numbered parking spots in the lower parking lot on Stevens Drive. If the spots are full, wait until one is available.
2. Wait in your car for an usher to indicate your turn. If you have more than one person in your vehicle, one occupant at a time will proceed to the cafeteria and the others will wait in the car. No more than 8 per car.
3. Maintain a distance of 6 feet from others.
4. Sign in before you enter the cafeteria; registration is for your own protection/contact tracing and the list will be shredded after 14 days.
5. Be mindful of the time spent in confession so all can be heard.
6. Use the hand sanitizer we’ll have available.
Sunday Mass: recorded during the Saturday Vigil (English at 4:00 p.m., Spanish at 5:00 p.m.).
Watch these broadcasts here: Christ the King Adult Religious Education channel!
**UPDATE** Here is Bishop Tyson’s official announcement for Fr. Edgar- https://yakimadiocese.org/2020/06/15/fr-edgar-quiroga-assigned-to-christ-the-king-catholic-church/
For more updates from Bishop Tyson, keep on eye on the Diocese’s webpage: https://yakimadiocese.org/
I want to thank everyone for their generosity, their cooperation and selflessness. We have been able to add one more Mass and start having Confessions again because all of you have been helping us follow the guidelines by wearing your masks and keeping a safe distance from everyone when coming to Mass.
I have also sent out a survey to everyone I had e-mail addresses for asking what their preference was for video meetings and if that would even be an option for them in order to have a virtual bible study. There were also some ideas of what bible studies we could do, since the videos were online. If you have any suggestions/ preferences or would like to take the survey, please e-mail me at email@example.com.