Now that we have been encouraged by our pastor to stay safe and pray at home rather than travel the very dangerous roads to Mass at Christ the King, here are a few good options to keep your Sunday holy:
- Participate in Mass by watching it on EWTN (live at 5:00 a.m., encore at 9:00 a.m./p.m.) and make an act of spiritual communion.
- Lectio divina of the Sunday readings (readings can be found HERE.
- Pray the Glorious mysteries of the Rosary and/or a Divine Mercy chaplet (several really good recorded Rosaries and chaplets can be found on the Laudate app, available on iTunes and Google Play).
- Do some spiritual reading or study on FORMED, including selections par excellence: OPENING THE WORD: 5TH SUNDAY OF ORDINARY TIME, or THE ELEMENTS OF THE CATHOLIC MASS, or PRESENCE (to register for free, go to ckparish.formed.org).
- Spend 30 minutes in quiet prayer with God (meditation and contemplation).
We are commanded to keep the Lord’s Day holy. However, remember it is NOT a sin to miss Mass if the roads are dangerous and you would be risking your life or the lives of others, especially since our pastor has encouraged us to stay home and pray instead of traveling to church.